Some of you have asked about my recent table project, so I thought I’d let you in on how I did it.
First of all, I looked online here and here for ideas and inspiration on turning my drab table into a thing of beauty.
I began by sanding with a medium grade sanding block. Then the first coat went on.
Hope even got in on the fun.
I used Valspar Aqua Ocean 5005-10A. Two coats with sanding in between.
After the paint had dried, I distressed around the edges and select spots until I was happy.
When all that was finished, I took a cloth dipped in Minwax English Chestnut and wiped it on in small sections, then used the other damp end of the cloth and mostly wiped the stain off. It gave it a beautiful, rich color.
I ended up doing more distressing before adding three coats of Minwax Water Based Polycrylic.
Love the finished product! :-)